We Are All Touched by Gun Violence: The Newtown Action Alliance provides comfort, education, scholarship and other support and resources to people and communities impacted by or living in the aftermath of gun violence in American society, and to help them lead the way toward positive cultural change.
Newtown Action Alliance is an all-volunteer grassroots organization founded by Newtown residents after the tragic December 14, 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting where 20 children and six educators were senselessly gunned down. We are a group of advocates, families of victims and survivors of gun violence, who are working to transform our tragedy into meaningful action to end gun violence. We are dedicated to reversing the escalating gun violence epidemic in this nation through the introduction of smarter, safer gun laws and broader cultural change.
Our membership is open to anyone who wants to help make this nation a safer place for our families and children.
Our strategies include:
- Collaboration with national, state, and local organizations and entities on campaigns for common sense gun safety laws and cultural change.
- Strong and consistent federal and state political advocacy to demand common sense policies to reduce gun violence.
- Building bridges between the rural and urban families of victims, survivors and communities impacted by gun violence.
- Holding the gun industry and the gun lobby accountable for gun violence, death and injuries.
- Educating fellow Americans on the economic impact of gun violence in our nation.
Donations we receive directly enable this bridge building, which helps victims and survivors use their voices to tell their stories and expand the movement in communities all across America.
Join us to use your voice. Demand that state and federal legislators get on the right side of history by putting the safety of our children, families and communities before gun industry profits. Resolve to vote for those who support common sense gun safety laws.
Newtown Action Alliance is a section 501(c)4 issue advocacy organization.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: Newtown Action Alliance P.O. Box 3325 Newtown, CT 06470